At Equal Bytes we have been providing project management and related services for over 30 years and in that time have observed the failure of many projects. Sound familiar. Can you think of a few in your organisation? We have been called upon in to help many projects and project managers through difficult times and are now excited to set up Project Mentors. A service dedicated to helping project managers and sponsors.
Failure can mean different things to different people:
• Great project but no benefits.
• Budget was well and truly overspent.
• The project was delivered too late.
• People did not use it an intended.
• Team members are just exhausted
Project Mentor’s Mission is:
“To use our experience and expertise to mentor, upskill, guide and rescue projects to deliver success”.
We do this by offering:
Individual or small group mentoring across one or more focus areas, aimed at Project Teams and/or the Project Management Office.
Individual or small group coaching on a specific project, normally across several focus areas. This is often aimed at rescuing a project.
On any of the focus areas or on a particular project.
Formal group training on one or more focus areas: Training is on 10 project focus areas aligned to PMBoK.
“One of the true tests of leadership is the ability to recognise a problem before it becomes an emergency.”Arnold Glasow
What are the benefits we aim to deliver?
- Projects are delivered within budget and this should not be greater than the value of the benefits.
- Project risks are managed and reduced.
- Delivering benefits becomes the focus of the project team.
- Customers are involved to increase satisfaction, usage and adoption.
- Project and other staff have more skill and knowledge to complete project and deliver benefits.
- Projects will deliver a new or improved product or service.
- Projects are delivered more efficiently and effectively.
- Due to the improved ability to deliver benefits and interact with customers the Project Office and associated staff image and satisfaction is increased.
We take every project as an opportunity to grow our own skills and knowledge to pass on to our clients.
We are committed to providing exceptional value and are passionate about passing on experience and knowledge.
We value extending our knowledge and skills and strive to ensure your organisation develops a passion for continual learning.
We work together as partners to achieve project success and take responsibility for every step as if it was our own business.